Monday, July 21, 2008

Lesley Hazleton has Crowd Travel in Time, Selah Saterstrom Transforms Real Life at Centrum

Sunday July 13, 2008 Thayer and Jordan welcome us and Rebecca's introduction of the first two speakers is a lecture in it self.
Selah Saterstrom's boy eats a bicycle and Lesley Hazleton's Jezebel wants to know where The Man is from and so she goes to his motherland. I'm sorry, but I'm really too tired from traveling and still baffled by home life securities (our neighbor Jage was killed) to give a better report.

We, the writers who opted for a residency, which would include room and board plus free admission to readings and lectures rather than attending a manuscript workshop, didn't get a name tag, nor the program booklet. All we've got to show that we're part of the conference is our meal ticket.

Thanks to a generous grant from the Washington Council of the Humanities readings and lectures will be free to everybody, not just conference attendants but also members of the community at large (the world so to speak).

Laurie Anderson repeats over and over in my mind: Nobody knows my name…
I make my own badge.

No comments: